Melinda is an experienced commercial litigator and has successfully acted for claimants and defendants in both the High and county courts. Her general commercial dispute practice includes claims relating to breach of copyright, breach of fiduciary duty, minority shareholder disputes and director disqualification claims. She has advised both high net-worth individuals and various companies in these areas.
Melinda completed her degree in European Politics before completing her GDL and LPC at BPP University. Melinda qualified in 2012 and recently joined SO Legal in May 2021.
• advising SMEs, directors and shareholders on a broad range of corporate governance issues, including director disqualification, defending liquidator claims and shareholder disputes, particularly unfair prejudice petitions under section 994 of the Companies Act 2006 and dealing with the management of exit strategies
• enquiries by HMRC in relation to Personal Liability Notices (for NIC and Income Tax (PAYE))
• experience enforcing foreign judgments in England and Wales and recovering against Defendants’ assets in this jurisdiction.
• assisting insolvency practitioners, creditors and other stakeholders on contentious insolvency issues
• bringing and defending claims related to tax avoidance schemes
• acting for high net worth individuals relating to property litigation, including forfeiture, dilapidations, easements, rights of way and boundary disputes.
Outside of work, Melinda enjoys exercising, concerts and cooking.
Melinda Shashou: email@example.com
London Office: 0203 9677700