GDPR has arrived, but the compliance journey continues. Ongoing GDPR support from SO Legal.
Yes, you’re still on our mailing list! The myth that you cannot contact existing clients and customers without them ‘opting in’ is just one of the ways SMEs have been misinformed about how to ensure they are GDPR compliant. At SO Legal we have dedicated legal experts ready to dispel all the data protection myths and offer clear advice tailored to helping your business become and remain compliant.
The build up to 25th May and the introduction of both the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 saw many SMEs overwhelmed by the mammoth task of tackling the new legislation, and for many there simply wasn’t the time to get to grips with compliance by the deadline. However, with the Information Commissioner’s Office having increased power under the new legislation to levy large fines and with public awareness about data protection at an all-time high, the reputational damage a business could potentially suffer if they have a data breach could be significant.
Whether you’ve taken all the necessary steps to ensure compliance, are unsure whether you have everything in place or have put off addressing data protection compliance altogether, it’s important to understand that GDPR is an ongoing journey for everyone involved in the running of your business.
Our team at SO Legal can:
- Offer advice on how to ensure your business is and remains compliant with data protection legislation;
- Assist you in undertaking a data audit to ensure you have a complete overview of the life-cycle of personal data in your organisation;
- Come to your offices and train staff on the new rules;
- Help you get to grips with what information to provide to clients as well as your employees (remember, employees are your data subjects too!);
- Provide GDPR compliant documentation and/or review and update your existing terms of business, staff handbook and client-facing documents; and
- Give you and your team the knowledge to ensure you know how to comply moving forward – new clients, new staff.
To help our clients we are offering a FREE 30-minute data protection consultation (subject to T&Cs and availability) where we can discuss your business’ needs, dispel some GDPR myths and let you know how we can help.
Call Hamed Ovaisi today on 01323 407555 to book your initial consultation.
Or read our helpful GDPR Legal Update