Head of Corporate and Litigation, London
Adam is a commercial lawyer and head of corporate and litigation at SO Legal’s London office.
Adam previously worked as a Partner for a “Legal 500” and “Times Top 200” law firm based in central London. In 2016, he helped to launch the firm’s commercial and litigation department and in 2018 opened the firm’s new offices in Mayfair.
Adam specialises in private mergers and acquisitions, directors’ duties, shareholder rights and remedies, partnerships, company formation and constitutional matters and other corporate transactions. He enjoys a portfolio of professional clients, principally comprising a variety of corporate entities, high-net and ultra-high net worth individuals. His practice encompasses a wide range of sectors, including corporate finance, property, construction, technology/software, recruitment, sport & leisure, media & entertainment and more.
Born in Sussex, Adam also brings considerable experience to our corporate, commercial and litigation teams across numerous other practice areas.
His expertise includes corporate, commercial litigation, landlord and tenant, property litigation, construction, insurance, employment, regulatory, professional negligence, contentious probate and restructuring and insolvency. Such broad experience enables Adam to provide a comprehensive service to clients and overview and assistance to other members of the SO Legal team.
Outside of the firm, Adam is a patron of a children’s cancer charity and an avid golfer, having organised several associated networking and charity events.
London Office: 0203 9677700
• Successfully completing a £1.56 million off-market share buy-back by a private limited company (a construction firm).
• Completing a complex quasi-MBO/share acquisition (amount undisclosed) and subsequent restructuring and refinancing of a global fashion brand.
• Successfully completing a multi-faceted corporate matter involving a share consolidation, share sub-division and allotment of shares for a leisure firm.
• Providing corporate governance advice and preparing a suite of corporate documents for a successful FinTech brand.
• An outstanding success in defending an individual who was the subject of company director disqualification proceedings relating to a £5.5 million collective investment scheme fraud in South America. The Secretary of State discontinued the case, and Adam recovered all of his clients’ costs.
• Acting for a solicitor facing strike-off action in the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
• Acting for a Dubai and London-based firm in respect of a commercial/employment dispute.
• Acting for a group of property owners in respect of a £1.4million dispute with a London Borough relating to a s20 Major Works dispute.
• Successfully defending two highly-regarded professionals against a claim for an injunction in civil harassment proceedings. The claim was dismissed as “totally without merit”.
• Achieving a favourable settlement for a high-profile Government official in a whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claim.
– Mr E Joseph v Grange (Whitefield) Care Services Ltd: 3324249/2016.
Adam has also made appearances on TALK radio, giving advice about harassment and nuisance claims and he has been quoted by Reuters on construction claims in the wake of Grenfell Tower.
“Adam’s dedication and commitment was a real and pleasant surprise.”
“It was a pleasure to work with Adam, and I feel this standard of competency and total dedication to the work is rare. I wouldn’t hesitate to work with him again.”
“Adam was extremely thorough with this process from start to finish, and I never felt as though he cut corners. He also took the time to explain in detail each stage of the process – both valuable and reassuring […] so I’m definitely satisfied. He let me know from the very beginning that he was available 24/7 – a service I didn’t think I would use but I most certainly did, weekends included. Not only did this feel as though he was going above and beyond his job (I’d have thought most solicitors work 9-5) but it meant that I felt supported at all times.”
“The advice and service that I received from Adam was exemplary. He was swift and knowledgeable, and he won what seemed like an impossible case for me.”